MRICS Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior QS required with experience of pre and post contract duties across the commercial, housing and retail sectors.
The successful candidate will assist the Directors in taking the business forward and introducing new clients and additional business, principally involving:
- Independently running projects with minimal guidance from the Directors
- Managing a small team and mentoring other Quantity Surveyors
- Leading commercial meetings with clients, contractors and consultants
- Pricing, estimating, procurement, tendering documentation, specifications, works schedules and interim valuations
- Swiftly resolving any disputes that may arise
- Assisting with strategic advice on procurement
- Measurement of quantities from BIM or REVIT for Bills or estimates
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- MRICS qualification in quantity surveying
- Proven Revit, BIM (and ideally AutoCAD) model measurement experience
- Previous experience of acting as QS on commercial, retail, residential or mixed-use schemes.
- Good working knowledge of JCT suite of contracts
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Proven value engineering and cost planning experience
- Proficiency in the handling of contract, procurement and tendering documentation
- A high standard of literacy and numeracy
A leading construction and transportation consultancy with three UK offices and one international location, our client has a long history of providing property services including project management, quantity surveying and building surveying to both public and private sector clients. The company is a Chartered Surveying Practice acting in accordance with RICS Regulations and governance.