Mechanical Design Engineer
- Interactive Kiosks
- Berkshire, UK
- £40,000 to £45,000 + Bonus + 25 Days’ Holiday
- JOB-1638 SAU
Reporting to the Design Manager, the appointed Mechanical Design Engineer will be involved in the initial concept, design, development and management of projects and products, also supporting the purchasing department in optimising component supply.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for:
- Liaising with clients to identify and understand their requirements
- Investigating potential improvements on existing projects and components
- Working on the concept, specification, tender and development of projects and/or components
- Design aesthetics, materials and functionality of components, modifying and testing designs
- Researching new developments and innovations
- Considering new systems and processes to improve cost, effectiveness and safety of new designs
- Providing technical support to Junior Design Engineers
- Writing technical reports to summarise findings
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- The ability to work effectively both as an individual and within a team environment
- Strong practical and theoretical understanding of mechanical design.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and project management skills
- Proficiency in the use of 3D CAD software (ideally SolidWorks)
- An understanding of sheet metal processes
- A minimum HNC/HND level qualification in mechanical engineering
- The ability to create a concept from scratch and see it through into development
A renowned designer and manufacturer of high-quality touchscreen LCD and information kiosk solutions, our client has been established for over 30 years and is a leading name in the self-service technology field.