Proven maintenance technician required to oversee the planned and reactive maintenance of precast concrete production machinery.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the appointed Maintenance Fitter will assume responsibility for:
- Carrying out preventative maintenance and routine scheduled servicing of production machinery in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations
- Attending machine breakdowns and carrying out repairs to minimise downtime
- Troubleshooting and fault-finding for any defects on machines
- Some fabrication/welding work, where required
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s health & safety policies
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of auto-electrics, engines, transmissions, hydraulics, pneumatics and basic electrical systems
- Previous plant maintenance experience (ideally planned AND reactive)
- The ability to keep records up-to-date and working areas tidy and organised
- Good personal autonomy to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of health & safety
Established for more than 60 years, our client is a manufacturer of precast concrete products for the UK fencing and building industries. The company’s production plants utilise the very latest manufacturing methods, modern machinery and stringent quality control to produce products for government contracts, local authorities, public utilities, rail networks, house builders, agriculture, sea defences and car parks.