Labor & Employment Associate
- Labor & Employment Associate
- $225,000 to $265,000 Basic + Bonus
- JOB-2678 ABR
Immediate opening for a highly motivated mid to senior level associate to join the dynamic Labor and Employment group of our client’s California practice.
Based ideally at our client’s San Francisco office (alternative potentials are Los Angeles or San Diego), the appointed Labor & Employment Associate will be joining a collegial team of excellent employment law professionals who enjoy their work and take pride in their work product. Defending wage and hour claims, including wage and hour class action lawsuits, the role will also involve transactional employment work, including the drafting of employment and severance agreements, drafting EEOC position statements, drafting DFEH responses, and conducting witness interviews and depositions.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in employment litigation and labor relations
- California bar admission
- A minimum JD law degree qualification, superior academic and writing credentials and a strong desire for trial work
- A background in counselling employers on federal and state employment law compliance, drafting workplace policies, and assisting clients with employment training programs
An established law firm with more than 900 attorneys in offices across the United States and internationally, our client has grown to be among the 100 largest in the world, and today still embraces a culture of inclusiveness, congeniality and consensus that is rare among leading law firms.