- Tech Enabled Services, SaaS & Automation Enabled Businesses.
- Hybrid, San Francisco
- $110,000 to $130,000 + Bonus (50% of Salary) + Highly Competitive Benefits
- JOB-3427 TST
Exceptionally capable Investment Associate required for a broad role with significant opportunity for advancement.
The appointed Investment Associate will have substantial responsibility, frequent interaction with the Managing Partners and top management, and exposure to many aspects of the firm. As a member of the investment team, this will involve overseeing aspects of the investment process including financial analysis, modeling, legal documentation review, investment memo preparation, investment sourcing, and due diligence. Evaluating investments and managing aspects of the investment cycle and deal pipeline, there will be ample opportunities to work with portfolio company management teams on strategic projects. The position offers equity ownership in the investment funds and a path to career advancement, with primary responsibilities including:
- Conducting market and competitive research / analyses for portfolio companies and new investments.
- Evaluating industries in the firm’s investment focus areas, including cloud software, cybersecurity, and fintech. Identifying and evaluating new investment opportunities, helping with transaction analysis and execution.
- Financial modeling and analysis, providing transaction structuring and complex financial modeling support for new (and add-on) investment opportunities.
- Conducting investment analysis, due diligence, underwriting and financing activities, and assisting the investment team in preparing memorandums and due diligence materials.
- Proposing new investment targets and screening inbound deal-flow.
- Assistance with ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Supporting firm marketing activities and investor communications.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of three years’ successful work experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, accounting, or mezzanine financing
- Strong cultural fit aligned with the firm’s core values.
- Quantitative reasoning and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Comprehensive skill in analyzing investment opportunities including a thorough evaluation of all aspects of a company’s business attributes, risks, and investment merits.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable clarity of thought.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degrees are a plus.
Our client is an established growth equity firm that invests capital into and advises technology and automation enabled businesses with the goal of assisting entrepreneurs to realize their strategic vision and scale their companies for the long term.