Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Proven QS required for an established UK piling and foundations subcontractor.
The appointed Intermediate Quantity Surveyor will assume responsibility for:
- Preparing valuations/applications for payment
- Managing subcontract and material procurement schedules
- Contract administration, including change management and maintaining associated registers
- Preparing cost reports for the client
- Administering subcontractor/supplier accounts
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of two years’ QS experience for an established piling / foundations / ground engineering subcontractor
- Good IT literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A full UK driving licence
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a proactive and inclusive manner to meet deadlines
With more than 20 years’ experience in delivering complete piling and deep foundation solutions to some of the most complex geotechnical problems, our client delivers projects with a range of techniques including large diameter rotary, CFA, secant and contiguous bored pile walls, driven piling, rapid beam and rapid deck foundation packages and mini piling. The company has successfully completed many challenging large-scale projects – in both restricted and unrestricted conditions – for major clients including Network Rail, CrossRail, Highways England, London Underground and a number of larger London and UK developers.