- Mining Plant
- Hybrid, Arizona
- $85,000 + Excellent Low-Cost Benefits Package (Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance) + 401(k) Plan (Company matched)
- JOB-3078 LCA
Verrus are working with one of the world’s largest copper producers who are currently seeking an experienced Instrumentation Technician to become an integral part of its team in Arizona.
The appointed Instrumentation Technician will:
- Maintain and repair mine instrumentation equipment to the highest standards.
- Maintain records/files and obtain materials and repair supplies from the warehouse.
- Plan jobs and repairs to minimize equipment downtime and maximize production.
A significant element of this role will be the selection, installation, calibration, troubleshooting and maintenance of:
- Motors, starters and switchgear
- Programmable logic controllers
- Data transfer via Serial
- Data Highway+
- Ethernet protocols
- Ultrasound, Radar, and probe type level measurement devices
- Magnetic, DP, Reflex and mechanical type flow measurement devices
- Pneumatic and electro-hydraulic actuated control valves
- Variable frequency drives
- AD to DC rectifiers
- Low voltage control systems
- Fiber optics
- 5+ years of experience as an Instrument Technician (or 2+ years if accompanied by a degree in instrumentation/control technology)
- Working knowledge of various computerized control systems and instruments critical to mining plant operations
- The ability to understand instrument loop diagrams, instrument data/spec sheets and PID diagrams.
- Proficiency in the safe use of test equipment for the proper calibration, setup, and diagnostics of process instrumentation equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to manage time effectively and set priorities to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- A valid driver’s license.