Head of Strategic Specification
- Structural Building Components
- West Yorkshire
- £60,000 to £75,000 + Bonus + Car + Benefits Package
- JOB-2187 SPO
The successful candidate will implement a specification strategy for our client’s award-winning range of construction products. This is a newly created role within a market leading business.
The appointment of the Head of Strategic Specification will coincide with the development of a truly revolutionary new product to be brought to market in late 2022 that will cement our client’s position as a true innovator and market leader. Through collaboration with other departments, you will provide a platform that enables Architects and strategic clients the opportunity to specify the company’s products through various channels such as NBS/Bimstore. You will also create a BIM library of components which can be further developed and enhanced with support from group resources.
You will be required to engage in dialogue with the leading regulatory bodies, offer constructive advice to steering committees, and be aware of the latest upcoming changes in building regulations and the responsibility and expectations that such changes place on leading manufacturing companies. An ability to work using your own initiative is essential and you should demonstrate a track record of developing strategies to meet overall company objectives. An excellent communicator you must be able to clearly articulate the benefits of the product range, whilst developing relationships with core strategic customers that support the company’s brand value.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A solid understanding of building regulations and current government strategy, such as climate targets and other upcoming challenges facing the construction industry
- Experience of providing technical expertise, advice and system-led solutions to architects
- A strong network of contacts across UK key architectural practices
- (Ideally) a minimum bachelors’ degree qualification in a relevant field
A leading design and manufacturing business supplying specialist structural building components and systems to the construction industry, our client believes in investing in the ongoing training and development of talented individuals to expand its growing team. Employees enjoy:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- An onsite gym and cycle to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Great transport links
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays, increasing to 25 days with service