Head of Specification
Excellent specification leadership opportunity in residential sector via national and regional housebuilders and building services contractors.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the appointed Head of Specification will:
- Deliver against market share targets through key account managers (KAMs)
- Recruit and onboard a network of sales agents
- Manage cross functional relationships with Marketing and R&D departments, driving customer innovation
- Track and convert major sales leads (via the team) generated through digital marketing channels
- Demonstrate best practice in specification and route to market
- Leading the growth and management of a national sales and specification channel
- Create a climate of accountability and empowerment with team members to ensure exceptional and consistent customer experience
- Develop sales strategies that can be employed against competitors to win business
- Ensure high standards of sales excellence are achieved through diligent sales management, process adherence and CRM usage.
- Implement an effective sales pipeline and lead tracking process
- Carry out line management responsibilities such as recruitment, induction, training, appraisal, development and performance management
- Accompany KAM’s / Sales Agents on sales visits and assist with winning/securing and protecting major business opportunities
- Speak at conferences and events about the company’s products and services
- Negotiate agreements for contracts with customers and ensure commerciality
- Manage all the people related activities for the team in line with HR/H&S policy
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum of five years’ specification sales experience within the HVAC sector
- A notable network of contacts within UK housebuilders and building services
- Previous experience of leading and managing a successful sales team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An inspirational and motivating man management / interpersonal style
- A good understanding of building regulations, legislation and other technical requirements
There is no strict geographical prerequisite as the role is nationwide but candidates based in the North of England would be ideal.
Established for over 30 years, our client is one of the UK’s biggest manufacturers of ventilation products which create healthy and fresh indoor environments. Employing over 200 people, the company’s award-winning extractor fans help homes and businesses solve damp, condensation and mould issues, with a focus on optimising indoor air quality and delivering outstanding service from design and manufacture through to expert installation and aftercare.