Our client is a highly successful and rapidly expanding bespoke manufacturer of structural metal building components utilised within commercial and residential construction sectors throughout the UK and Ireland. Their success story is highly impressive in both its growth and evolution. Having outgrown its original location this organisation now boasts a state-of-the-art headquarters encompassing a high-tech manufacturing facility including an exceptional modern working environment for their increasing workforce.
As part of their strategic vision, they are now embarking on a new venture to manufacture a unique and defining product to suit the needs and demands of the built environment whilst embracing MMC.
This opportunity requires a bespoke new facility and workforce capable of delivering a transformational product/service offering to both the offsite build sector and select traditional tier 1 contractors. Consequently, they are now requiring a General Manager to contribute to this new facility’s inception and ultimately determine its profitable, safe and highly automated management which meeting the targets in the business plan.
- Work closely with the senior management team in contributing to the establishment of a new manufacturing facility
- Responsibility for the recruitment of a skilled workforce including design, engineering, and senior account management etc
- Effective planning, delegating and coordination supporting production, sales and logistics targets
- Creating an effective and communicative working dynamic with clear objectives and measurables
- Ensure a robust and real time health and safety policy
- A dynamic General Manager with a proven commercial track record within a modern automated industrial manufacturing and engineering environment
- First class management ability experienced in efficiently motivating teams to aspire in hitting key measurables
- Financially and target aware, comfortable working in an environment geared towards time critical high-volume manufacturing pressures
- Sound H+S awareness and management
- Comfortable in communicating at board level with major clients
- Strategic thinker with an ability to spot industry trends and help deliver insightful change, combining a first class digital and customer service offering
- Knowledge/understanding of BIM