First Year investment Associate
- Venture Capital
- San Francisco (or relocatable to)
- $100,000 - $130,000 Basic + 50% Bonus Potential + Unlimited Paid Time Off + Paid Annual Holidays + Medical / Dental / Vision Cover + 401k + Flexible Hybrid Work Environment
- JOB-3212 JWA
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and self-starting first year investment associate with a passion for technology and a strong desire to become a venture investor or entrepreneur.
- Extensive financial modelling and analysis of financial statements to identify the risks, strengths, and weaknesses of startups.
- Preparing briefing documents and investment memorandums.
- Performing market intelligence and competitive landscape analyses
- Helping to source investment opportunities and evaluating inbound leads.
- Building relationships with portfolio companies to provide advice and support.
- Supporting fund administration efforts for financial reporting, tax, legal, compliance and fundraising.
- 2+ years’ experience in the technology group of an investment bank, accounting, or consulting firm.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to synthesize complex information, form an opinion, and communicate it clearly and concisely.
- A passion for the startup ecosystem and exploring new ideas.
- Strong self-motivation and sense of urgency.
The candidate will be based in, or willing to relocate to, San Francisco. For potential relocators there is flexibility for a remote working period prior to a move.
Our client is a leading venture capital firm that invests in early-stage, deep tech startups around the world. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team of entrepreneurs and tech leaders who have conceived and built successful technology companies, and who now use their knowledge and network to find and help great entrepreneurs change the world.