Finance & Operations Associate Analyst
- Alternative Investment Management
- Los Angeles
- $80,000 to $100,000 + Bonus (12% Annual, Discretionary) + Comprehensive Health Benefits + 401K (With Company Match)
- JOB-3153 MSP
An employee-owned, registered investment manager with over $8 billion in assets under management is currently seeking an Associate Analyst for its Finance & Operations team.
The appointed Finance & Operations Associate Analyst will:
- Prepare account reconciliations including investigations and resolving reconciliation differences.
- Reconcile and resolve liquid credit holdings and investment activity differences.
- Recalculate agent notices for private credit deals.
- Ensure custodians have received payments and fund administrators have properly booked transactions.
- Support forecasting activities including monitoring bank cash activity and other cash management activities.
- Work with fund administrators and tech team to improve the quality of product data.
- Identify and troubleshoot data quality issues reported by end users.
- Monitor and setup new investments.
- Ensure loan and bond security contract details are accurately represented across downstream systems.
- Drive improvements to current processes and procedures.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- At least two years’ experience within a financial institution, ideally with exposure to accounting and/or operations functions
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with other groups and also work independently in an organized and detail oriented manner
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task and learn new skills.
- A high degree of accuracy, problem-solving abilities and ability to deliver results under deadlines.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial data analysis.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel (v-lookup, macros, and pivot tables).
- An understanding of reconciliation software to record, store, and analyze financial data.
An employee-owned alternative investment manager focused on liquid credit, opportunistic credit, and renewable private equity and credit; our client employs nearly 40 professionals across three US offices and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive work environment with employees from diverse backgrounds.