Field Service Engineer
Reporting to the Field Services Manager, the appointed Field Service Engineer will focus on the maintenance of bus and street installations to deliver contract milestones and service level agreements.
The Field Service Engineer will assume responsibility for:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing passenger information displays on buses and bus stops
- Responding to call outs and correctly diagnosing faults to board level
- Assessing stock levels to ensure spare equipment is operational
- Carrying out electrical testing on dead and live circuits to relevant electrical installation standards and issuing certification
- Wiring and connecting electrical supplies
- Monitoring and actively promoting healthy and safe working
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of any subcontractors
- Liaising with clients in a manner that promotes the image of the company as professional, safe and dependable
Applicants will ideally be expected to demonstrate:
- 18th Edition wiring regulations or subsequent qualification
- A working knowledge of IT
- G39 City and Guilds 2365 level 2/3
- G39/1 Working in the vicinity of DNO equipment
- Street works certified (Chapter 8)
- IOSH – managing health and safety
- NEBOSH Health & Safety at Work
- NRSWA Street works – operator or supervisor
- NRSWA Signing, Lighting and Guarding – Unit 002
The company is, however, prepared to provide training on any of the above if gaps exist for otherwise suitable candidates.
An exciting global technology company providing solutions for the public transport sector, our client combines the flexibility and creativity of a small company with the reach and stability of a large organization. Its UK business develops a fully featured and successful real-time public transport information system involving everything from tracking vehicles to distributing information via web applications, mobile apps and big data reports.