Field Service Engineer
Experienced and electrically-biased maintenance technician required to work in a predominantly field based capacity for a leading designer and manufacturer of industrial cranes and hoists.
The appointed Field Service Engineer will be responsible for:
- Carrying out scheduled and reactive maintenance of cranes, hoists and related materials handling equipment
- Responding to break down call-outs and assisting with equipment installations
- Completing equipment refurbishments and issuing spare parts
- Interacting with a wide range of customer contacts, from factory floor to board level
- Providing exemplary levels of customer care with industrial end user clients across the UK
- Ensuring the ongoing safe use of both our client’s cranes and lifting solutions and also on occasion those of other manufacturers
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Recognised qualifications in electrical engineering (Minimum City & Guilds -17th Edition)
- Proven experience in the maintenance and repair of cranes and hoist systems or related heavy lifting equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- (Ideally) CSCS card
- Good IT, communication and numerical abilities
Established for nearly five decades, our client is leading engineering company specialising in the design and manufacture of cranes, hoists, lifting equipment and materials handling solutions for loads of anywhere from a few kilograms to over 100 tones. Members of the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA,) the company’s working practices comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER.) The company operates across a wide range of industry sectors both in Britain and around the world and all its lifting solutions are manufactured in line with ISO 9001:2008 quality management system.