- Gold Exploration
- USD 150,000 to USD 170,000 + STI + LTI + Dental Care + Extended Health Care
- JOB-3247 LCA
A leading mineral exploration company is seeking a full time Exploration Manager with 15+ years’ experience in gold exploration, discovery and (ideally) drill project management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversight and execution of all exploration activities
- Ensuring a high level of safety and environmental stewardship at all exploration projects
- Contributing to a communications strategy with local and governmental stakeholders and financial institutions.
- Working with the VPX to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities for growth, executing on financing opportunities.
- Overseeing quality control and the processing of data generated from exploration activities.
- Attending all company and industry events across North America, Europe and beyond.
- Acting as “Qualified Person” as defined in National Instrument 43-101 – Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects.
- Developing annual exploration budgets and planning programs
- Liaising with senior management to present exploration results and recommendations
- Exploration and drill program supervision.
- Conducting mapping and surface geochemical sampling programs.
- Supervising field sampling crew / field geo-technicians.
- Preparing sample submission to assay laboratories, and tracking assay results.
- Using exploration and mining software to visualize and present exploration results.
- A minimum of 15 years’ relevant geoscience experience
- Specific experience in geologic mapping, core logging, geochemical and geophysical applications
- A university degree (MSc or PhD an asset) in geoscience or a related field
- Excellent organizational, planning, management, and decision-making skills
- First class communication, facilitation, and interpersonal abilities
- Specific experience of working on sediment-hosted and/or magmatic-hydrothermal ore-forming systems and solid understanding of economic geology and orebody genesis
- The ability to work effectively at a variety of scales and guide exploration activities/evaluations at continent, district, or deposit scales.
Our client is an established mineral exploration company created and operated by an experienced and well-respected technical and financial team with a track record of wealth creation for shareholders. The company is focused on the acquisition, exploration, discovery, and development of mineral resources from district scale projects in politically stable jurisdictions that have the potential to host world-class orebodies.