This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious events management graduate or an individual with already one or two years’ events planning experience.
The appointed Events Coordinator will provide a pivotal internal planning and support function to our client’s events team, principally involving:
- Acting as internal point of contact for client projects and overall event requirements
- Assisting with the production of detailed proposals for events (timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing, budgets etc)
- Researching venues, suppliers and contractors on behalf of the project account manager
- Managing and coordinating suppliers and all event logistics (venue, catering, travel etc)
- Liaising with sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote events
- Liaising with design and print teams to ensure all collateral is produced in line with requirements and timelines
- Assisting with the planning of all pre-event tasks such as organising guest speakers and delegate packs
- Ensuring projects are on time and within budget
- Organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and media
- Ensuring that insurance, legal and health & safety obligations are followed and controlled in line with the project
The Events Coordinator will generally work normal office hours but may be asked (with full notice) to occasionally work unsociable hours in the lead up to an event if required.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in an event management environment, either as part of or subsequent to a degree in this discipline
- Strong but flexible organisational and project planning skills
- A high level of attention to detail and an ability to think outside of the norm as no two projects are ever the same
- The ability to prioritise across multiple concurrent projects to meet tight deadlines
- Confident negotiating and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to forge strong client and internal relationships
- Competence in the use of Microsoft technology and, ideally, Management Information Systems
Our client is an award-winning provider of creative, marketing, print, communications, digital and fulfilment services for a diverse range of market sectors. The company’s in-house creative, cross media, web and marketing teams are able to present fantastic design concepts and online marketing initiatives, the recent acquisition of an established events management business having further diversified its comprehensive service offering. Ongoing training and development is at the heart of the company’s culture, with continuous performance reviews to ensure that all employees maintain compliance and competency within their roles.