An established Southeast access contractor with a healthy order book is presently looking to appoint an experienced Estimator to accurately and competitively price residential and commercial new build and refurbishment works.
The appointed Estimator will assume responsibility for:
- Preparing timely and accurate scaffolding quotations based on customer requirements
- Pricing bills of quantity from drawings and specifications
- Preparing presentation packs for tender submissions
- Financial analysis of current and upcoming projects
- Liaising closely with project teams and clients
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- A minimum of ten years’ estimating experience in the construction industry, ideally scaffolding, access or related temporary works.
- A track record of pricing both commercial and residential contracts
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office and, ideally, Project
- Working knowledge of schedule of rates
An established provider of scaffolding services and access solutions to all sectors of the construction and maintenance industries, our client works closely with its customers from tender stage right through to site erection to ensure they get scaffolding for their projects which is fit for purpose and at realistic prices.
The company’s scope of activities includes new build projects of varying sizes, major refurbishments, maintenance for housing association properties and access for work in safety critical and sensitive areas such as the rail industry and hospital complexes. Ancillary scaffolding products are extensive and include a full CAD Design service, scaffold alarms & monitoring, both goods and passenger hoists, mast climbers, power cradles, and safety netting.