Engineer in Training III
- Land Development
- Houston, Texas
- Competitive Salary + Medical / Dental / Vision Cover + Life Insurance + 401(k) with company match
- JOB-3616 TKI
Our client is looking for an eager-to-learn addition to its quickly growing and collaborative team. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best and work your way up to eventually building your own team.
As an active team member of our client’s Land team from day one, you will work under the guidance of an experienced Project Engineer who will help you learn everything, from research, analysis, design, site visits, and field surveys, through to permitting, documentation, construction and client relationship building. This will involve:
- Assist senior engineers and project managers.
- Design and drafting
- Site investigations and surveys
- Permitting and regulatory compliance
- Project documentation
- Construction supervision
- Accurate accounting of time spent on projects.
- Kick-off and design review meetings
- Attending client meetings.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
- E.I.T. Certification (preferred)
- Three or more years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A Houston-based civil engineering firm providing a wide range of infrastructure services to both public and private sector clients for the past six decades, our client is consistently ranked as one of the Top 25 civil/structural engineering firms by the Houston Business Journal.