Elastic Search/Stack Developer
Elasticsearch / Elastic Stack developer/engineer required to advance our client’s real-time and data analysis platform.
Our client is currently transitioning to the Elastic stack and the successful candidate will therefore be responsible for turning its product into a real time reporting platform that can hold the company’s different datasets. You will produce innovative insights in public transport and create the platform to drive exciting visualizations – and even create those visualisations. This will involve:
- Building and tuning Elastic instances, making effective use of clustering, replication and security
- Reviewing and recommending solutions for data ingestion and developing appropriate data pipelines
- Reviewing and developing reporting tools and dashboards for data presentation
- Researching BI solutions
- Pulling data from various sources and combining them into useful datasets
Self-reliant, creative and ideally with an interest in or experience of transport or tracking projects, applicants will need to demonstrate proven experience with Elasticsearch or big data platforms for business intelligence/analytics plus knowledge of:
- Elastic stack (Creating indexes, nodes clusters and use of the API)
- Logstash and/or other pipeline integration tools
- Kibana and custom scripting with for example painless
- Linux and scripting (bash or Python)
An exciting global technology company providing solutions for the public transport sector, our client combines the flexibility and creativity of a small company with the reach and stability of a large organization. Its UK business develops a fully featured and successful real-time public transport information system involving everything from tracking vehicles to distributing information via web applications, mobile apps and big data reports.