Director of Investor Relations
- Real Estate Investment
- Boston, Massachusetts
- c$210,000 Basic + Bonus (OTE $500,000+) + Benefits
- JOB-3121 MSP
The Director of Investor Relations will be responsible for managing and growing our client’s investor base through targeting high net worth individuals and family offices/institutions.
The successful candidate will design and lead end-to-end sales and marketing, including, lead generation through various channels such as social media, hosting events, building relationships with current investors, and growing a referral network of capital consultants to grow an investor database and raise equity for acquisitions. Key responsibilities will be to:
- Create and maintain information on targeted prospects and new business opportunities.
- Lead new business presentations and client review presentations.
- Grow a team of incentivized consultants and help them with closing investors.
- Attend relevant industry conferences to understand current trends within the industry.
- Network with clients, consultants, and prospects.
- Develop a strategic plan for each significant client relationship.
- Hold regular meetings to update investors on new initiatives, client status, and fund/property performance.
- Assist investors with day-to-day queries and tax-related queries.
- Plan initiatives to increase visibility with high-net-worth individuals, family offices, private equity groups, and international investors.
- Evaluate current marketing and client service materials, making ongoing improvements.
- Create connected campaigns with an omnichannel strategy to track where investors are coming from and which type to double down on.
- Assist with a social media and website marketing strategy.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study such as business, finance, real estate, or marketing.
- At least five years’ institutional investment experience, in a direct capital raising or marketing role.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, G-suite, MS Office, and HubSpot
- Experience of raising capital – preferably across a broad real estate platform – including equity and debt products, with diverse investment strategies and vehicle structures.
- A broad network of contacts within the institutional investment community, including investors, consultants, peer advisors, and board members.
- Knowledge of real estate and financial markets, with the ability to communicate this knowledge to clients and prospects.
- Confidence and competence to articulate the company’s philosophy, processes, and investments, as well as a wide range of technical information, as required by investors and consultants.
Our client is a dynamic and entrepreneurial real estate investment firm whose primary strategy is value-add apartment investments in the Sun Belt area of the United States. The firm’s existing portfolio includes $100m AUM in multi-family real estate but is planning to multiply its assets under management every year across multi-family communities in select strategic markets across the nation. This is a tight-knit team who are hands-on and unafraid of rolling up their sleeves to ensure the best for investors and residents.