One of the UK’s leading precast concrete companies is presently looking for a capable design technician to join and spearhead its recently established design team in Nottinghamshire.
The appointed Design Technician will assume responsibility for:
- Designing pre-cast concrete structures for a range of different industries and uses
- Liaising closely with estimating, production and site teams, as well as architects and main contractors
- Delivering high quality designs to stringent quality requirements and time/budget constraints
- Producing technical engineering drawings in AutoCAD and PreCAD
This is an opportunity with excellent scope for career progression in the medium term, particularly for a candidate displaying strong design ability and clear leadership qualities.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with AutoCAD and/or PreCAD, ideally within precast concrete
- A minimum HND/HNC qualification in a relevant discipline
- Strong work ethic and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Established for over forty years, our client is one of the UK’s largest producers of precast concrete products for the construction, civil engineering, house building, gardening and agricultural sectors and has developed an Integrated Management System that conforms to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHAS 18001:2007.