Chief Mine Engineer
- Underground Gold Mine
- Timmins, Ontario
- C$130,000 to C$150,000 (DoE) + 20% Annual Bonus + Pension + Benefits
- JOB-2642 PKI
We are currently recruiting for a Chief Mine Engineer at our client’s underground gold mine in Timmins, Ontario. The company will cover relocation costs and the role forms a 10-hour shift pattern on a 4-days-on / 3-days-off schedule.
In this position, you will be responsible for supervising mine engineering staff and managing all mine functions to maximize its operation’s performance in a safe manner. You will oversee, coordinate and address engineering activities including annual budget, reserves, planning, surface and underground infrastructure, mine ventilation, geotechnical matters, material handling, reconciliation, hourly bonus and reporting. You will also develop, optimize and implement the approved mine plan to achieve annual tonnage and ounce objectives in a safe and economic manner.
- Registered Professional Engineering license in Ontario (P.Eng).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in an underground mine engineering and operating role
- Strong background in long-hole and conventional mining methods
- (Ideally) experience with ground control, mine ventilation systems and underground water management
- Strong leadership, initiative and ability to prioritize workload and coordinate multiple tasks under strict deadlines with independence and professionalism
- Knowledge of engineering techniques as they apply to ore body evaluation and mine operations
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design programs such as A-Mine, AutoCAD, EPS, Deswik, VentSim, and others
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Project)
- Excellent analytical skills, good attention to detail and the ability to provide sound engineering problem- solving techniques to resolve potential issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Eligibility to work in Canada
This mining operation is located in Timmins, Ontario, a vibrant community of 45,000 residents where people can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. The mining complex consists of an underground mine and processing facility. This is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Employee benefits include competitive salaries, sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, flexible work schedules, medical and prescription benefits, dental plan, vision coverage, company paid pension plan, basic life/accidental life insurance, long term disability coverage, employee assistance program, paid vacation, mine performance plan incentives, paid pregnancy and parental leave.