- Power Services
- Houston, Texas
- $120,000 to $150,000
- JOB-3532 TKI
Our client’s power services team has an immediate need for a CADD Designer to design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from the Group Leader.
Producing CADD drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating detailed schematics incorporating all collected data.
- Reviewing plans with all engineering standards and codes, including client specifications.
- Creating plan and profile drawings, schematics, details, site drawings, site plans and tower drawings.
- Providing CADD support for systems through the preparation of construction plan and profile drawings, plotting, scanning
- Meeting project schedules in a timely manner.
- Designing subdivision electric overhead and underground utilities.
- A strong grasp of mathematics and track record of analytical problem-solving.
- Critical thinking abilities to apply knowledge to new assignments and bring everything together.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of CADD and drafting techniques, TxDOT roadway & bridge geometric design and MicroStation software.
- Proficiency in utilizing various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment.
- A basic understanding or willingness to learn NESC, NEC, and EIA/TIA, and BICSI/ANSI codes and standards.
- GIS systems (CNP, CPS Energy, AEP and/or PEC)
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Corporate applications: (Vision, etc.)
- The ability to communicate effectively with architects, engineers, construction contractors, clients, and management.
- Spatial and design skills to be able to visualize projects in 2D and 3D.