Proven sales/operations leader required to manage the sales performance, day to day management, administration and efficient running of an operating stock and sales branch.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the appointed Branch Manager will assume responsibility for:
- Ensuring the branch sales team respond to customer sales enquiries in an efficient manner and that quotations are priced in accordance with company margin expectations
- Managing and reporting against branch sales team performance on agreed targets on customers, turnover and margin
- Ensuring that the sales team deliver high customer satisfaction by responding rapidly to customer questions relating to technical issues, delivery, incorrect supply or price
- Leading the sales team in positive manner by promoting the company at every opportunity and re-establishing contact with lapsed customer accounts
- Ensuring that branch transport is coordinated with head office so that orders are scheduled to be ready for delivery on time and to the correct destination
- Ensuring that all sales and purchase orders are checked and signed by authorized quality control personnel
- Following all company HSE (health, safety & environment) and IMS (integrated management system) policies and procedures
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience in a profit center environment
- Business to business sales experience
- Knowledge of end users and contractor customers in industrial process sectors
- Ideally knowledge of pipework, industrial fabrication, metals stockholding and/or stainless steel tube
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A leading UK supplier of stainless-steel tube, pipes and fittings to customers in the renewable energy, nuclear, building services, food & beverage, chemical, pharmaceutical, water and related process industries, our client’s impressive track record in both UK and overseas projects is the result of a strong breadth of experience, three stock centers strategically located across the UK and well established supply routes.