- Remote, United States
- $100,000 to $175,000 + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits Package + 401(k) Savings Plan
- JOB-3309 MSP
The Accounting Manager will support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with financial related functions including monthly reporting and account reconciliations, preparing financial statements, accounting analysis, budgeting, and assisting with financial audits
Established for over fifty years, our client is a leading provider of financial and business solutions, with a proven track record of helping businesses grow. The company’s banking products are designed to make customers’ capital work harder, with highly competitive savings rates, certificate of deposit accounts, and interest-bearing business checking accounts.
This role interfaces with all levels within the organization and will involve:
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure of the Bank.
- Assisting the CFO with directing the Bank’s financial functions, including establishing its accounting principles and practices.
- Conducting a variance analysis of actual vs. budget of financial statements.
- Updating the CFO of the preliminary monthly results, providing potential adjustments, and finalizing results.
- Preparing summary analysis on departmental results that accompany monthly reporting packages.
- Monitoring department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources.
- Supporting the CFO with special projects and workflow process improvement
- Monitoring system controls for ensuring data integrity and confidentiality.
- Serving as a liaison to functional leadership, assisting them with accounting related service issues.
- Interpreting financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, partnering with Risk Management, Compliance, and Audit teams.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related.
- At least three years’ bank accounting or operations experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Strong data processing experience and skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex or ambiguous situations.
- Strong initiative and a willingness to take ownership and drive improvements independently.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy