Key Account Sales Adviser
This an excellent internal sales opportunity with an established company whose ongoing success and expansion ensures ample scope for further progression to field sales or management.
Based from the company’s head office in Somerset, the appointed Key Account Sales Adviser will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service to some of the company’s biggest customers with a view to maximising sales potential. Working in liaison with a network of over 40 branches across the Southwest of England, the successful candidate will be responsible of the sales of roofing, drainage, timber, doors and windows, tools, bricks, ironmongery, kitchens & bathrooms to major contractors and developers across the region.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- A proven background in selling within the construction and/or civil engineering industry, ideally for a builder’s merchant or building supplies distributor but backgrounds in plant/tool hire or heavyside distribution will also be considered
- Experience of dealing with main contractors and house builders
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Proven commercial acumen, negotiation and closing skills
- Enthusiasm, drive and self-motivation
One of the largest independent Builders Merchants in the UK, our client has been supplying materials to the construction trade for over 200 years and has earned a considerable reputation in the building industry for staff development and training as an Investors in People accredited company. Generating annual sales in excess of £75 million, the company has the buying power to stock the best quality and widest range of products and offer them to customers at competitive prices.