Electrical Design Estimator
Ideally having previously worked for a specialist communications installer, M&E consultancy or building services contractor, the successful candidate will work with our client’s sales and bid teams to ensure that tenders, quotes and bids are completed in a timely and accurate fashion and in accordance with customer requirements, company procedures and gross margin expectations.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the appointed Design Estimator will be responsible for:
- Working with the sales and bid teams to ensure that tenders, quotes and bids are completed in a timely and accurate fashion and in accordance with client requirements, company procedures and gross margin expectations
- Day-to-day quote submission within allocated and agreed approval limits
- Working closely with the sales team to ensure that client expectations are understood and realistically achievable within the timescales requested
- Using Salesforce CRM tool to monitor performance in terms of meeting deadlines and following process
- Providing a formal handover (directly or indirectly as instructed) to the relevant Operations Head as per handover procedures
- Adhering to ISO 9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and ISO27001 processes and the company’s Health & Safety policy
Ideally having previously worked for a specialist communications installer, M&E consultancy or building services contractor, applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Well-developed technical knowledge of data networks (cabling, switches, routing, cabinets etc) or related power/electrical infrastructure
- Proven design and estimating experience (including materials and labour costs)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed priority planning, time management and organisational skills
- Strong commercial acumen and customer focus
Delivering robust and future-proof data cabling solutions for tomorrow’s smart buildings, our client solves its customers’ network infrastructure problems and enables them to conduct business with confidence. Established for nearly three decades, the company has a proven track record of successfully delivering projects on time and to budget, with NO corners cut. The majority of our client’s workforce has also been with the business for ten years or more, so its customers – which include some of the largest and most prestigious organisations in Europe – are always guaranteed consistency of personnel for the duration of their project and beyond.